It’s time to shine a light on one of our staff members! Reagan Cassidy has been with The REC since August of 2011. She recently earned her BCBA this past November. Learn more about Reagan below!
What made you get into Behavioral Therapy?
I got into ABA by accident. I was substitute teacher in the Peabody Public School Preschool program and was placed in the ABA classroom. I fell in love with how they taught each kid the same skill but in different ways, so I started asking questions about the program. That is where I first learned about ABA and could see the difference it could make with helping children learn.
What is your favorite part of the day?
My favorite part of the day is social skills group and group games. I love to see the kids interacting with each other, listening to their point of view, comments and conversations. We have some really smart and funny kids at the REC.
What is your favorite memory of working here so far?
I have so many great memories of working at the REC:
- Being here since the very beginning, seeing all of expansions and how far the program has come.
- The first year of summer REC programming and how much fun we had coming up with a different theme for each week.
- Our community events, touch a truck and the annual Halloween parties are always a blast to host.
- Watching kids who have been here since we opened grow up.
- The day Kristin Walsh and I found out we passed our BCBA exam.
- Summer staff outings with the Peabody REC and Londonderry REC are always a blast!
- When my little cousins who use to come play at the REC come in to do their community service hours.
What piece of advice do you have for anyone going into the field of Behavioral Therapy?
The best advice I could give to anyone going into the field of Behavioral Therapy is to get experience in all of the different aspects of the field. Home Services, Center Based Services, parent training, summer programs, in a public or private school, and to work with all different age groups.
Do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life!
What do you think the best part of working at The REC is?
The best part of working at the REC is seeing all the progress our kids make. I also like all of the support staff gives each other. We make a good team!
You can read more about Reagan and the rest of our team on our WEBSITE.
Are you interested in being part of our team? We are looking for both full-time and part-time staff to help grow our centers. Be a part of something great and, like Reagan says, “Never work a day in your life again!”
Checkout our openings by clicking HERE.